Challenges and New Approaches for Dependable and Cyber-Physical System Engineering (DeCPS 2023)
16 June 2023, Lisbon, Portugal
Co-located with the 27th Ada-Europe International Conference on Reliable Software Technologies (AEiC 2023), June 13-16
In recent years, the Internet of Things (IoT) has experienced an extraordinary development with a broad impact on society; however, there is still a gap between the physical world and the cyber one. Cyber Physical Systems (CPS) constitute a new class of engineered systems, integrating software control, and intelligent autonomous decision making with signals from an uncertain and dynamic environment. In the context of cyber systems, Artificial Intelligence (AI) technologies can contribute to manage a huge amount of heterogeneous data that come from different sources without human intervention. CPS technology transformed the way people interact with engineered systems, in a very wide spectrum of applications: smart mobility, autonomous driving, digital healthcare, smart grids and buildings, mobile co-operating autonomous robotic systems, digital consumer products and services, etc.
For this type of systems, it is necessary not only ensuring the safety and security of physical devices but also other factors (such as information about customers, suppliers, and organizational strategies) need to be secured. To deliver certification, standards for machine safety are highly recommended as they give confidence to the regulatory. The generic standard for safety-related hardware and software might be applicable, however, due to increasing autonomy of systems there is still a potential for evolution of such regulations or standards. The proper combination of AI, CPS and IoT is therefore fundamental.
The post-workshop proceedings will be jointly published by the Ada User Journal (http://www.ada-europe.org/auj) and ACM SIGAda Ada Letters (https://dl.acm.org/newsletter/sigada).
The workshop will gather together industrial practitioners and researchers in the topics of interest which include, but are not limited to:
- Artificial Intelligence for CPS
- Model-based system engineering for CPS
- Transport and Mobility, Vehicle of the Future
- Industry 4.0 / 5.0
- IoT, Edge and Cloud Continuum
- Digital Twins
- Safety and (Cyber)security
- Human/Machine Interaction
- Real-time computing
- Time-Sensitive Networking (TSN), 5G/6G Networks
The workshop also welcomes contributions from relevant projects in the domain, discussing challenges and solutions for the engineering of cyber-physical systems.
- Submission of regular papers: 30 April 2023
- Notification of acceptance to all authors: 12 Mai 2023
- Camera-ready version of papers required: 15 September 2023
- Post-workshop proceedings: December 2023
Authors shall submit their work via EasyChair at: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=decps2023
Paper should be 4 pages. Paper templates can be found at http://www.ada-europe.org/auj/guide/.
- Alessandra Bagnato, SOFTEAM, France
- Barbara Gallina, Mälardalen University (MDU), Sweden
- Daniela Cancila, CEA LIST, France
- Laurent Rioux, Thales, France
- Luis Miguel Pinho, ISEP, Portugal
- Silvia Mazzini, INTECS Italy